Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Banana floats!


Haha! Not talking about the dessert...Could use one right now ;)



Nor a banana float at a parade...


According to Yann Martel in his book 'Life of Pi', banana floats! He did one better in his book though. (It was a story only) He claimed an orangutan was on top of a floating barge of bananas! Is that possible? Hell yea! I experimented it myself. The banana floated! And better still, it wasn't soggy inside when I peeled it. Didn't go to waste ;P



I guess that's how the idea of banana boat came to be? Probably a scientist found that bananas float. But no one believed him. So his son decided to prove everyone wrong, by telling it to the whole world, he invented the banana boat to prove his point! haha...or maybe it was just some kid's idea of a joke! (if you know what I mean)




Ok back to the book...so was it possible that a 200lbs orangutan could float on the bananas? I think it could be possible depending how much bananas were in the barge. And the fact that sea water helps in buoyancy could be a huge factor. I wish Mythbuster helps us all out here! And what was the deal with the carnivorous island??? Anywho...it was a gripping adventure reading this book. Full of metaphors and symbols! The tale was so realistic, I had to wonder if it really did happened.

Ok since we are on the topic about bananas...please read what bananas can do for you...

When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals.

It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, “A banana a day keeps the doctor away!”

*Also note that we should never put our bananas in the fridge...someone told me that.....or was that a joke? Hmm...well...this is a joke I get

You know what Mae West said?
She said, "Is that a banana in you're pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Enjoy you bananas...


No comments: