Thursday, December 25, 2008

me... Santa in disguise...

Somehow...I look very approachable and trustworthy. Not quite the image I was going for. But who's complaining...?
  • On Monday, this lady at KL Sentral suddenly talked to me as I was qeueing up to buy my ticket to go home. She spoke with the British accent and queried about the length of the line we were in. I shared that it was normal, as it was peak hour. She checked on her watch - 4pm. "Welcome to Malaysia", I said. As we continued talking, she compared our public transport system with that of India. I told her that it isn't that bad. I also noticed that she wasn't quite as British as her accent. She seemed to read my mind as she said that her parents were from Hong Kong. She commented that my English was quite good. Anyway, she got off at Masjid Jamek. Of course I heard differently; her pronunciation sounded something else.
  • Yesterday, a bunch of lala-looking teens (damn I'm old) clad in very obvious manga-influenced style asked me to take their picture as they posed behind a cardboard with a face hole cutout. There were so many of my friends with me, not to mention the many other free-er looking people around, and they had to pick me?? Why? Oh and earlier that morning, I bought a ticket for Rm1.90. But at the turnstile, the card reader said RM1.70. I wasn't sure whether I should have gone back to complain or not. But the sound of the LRT above drove me to bolt up the escalator instead. Anyway, I got down at Bukit Jalil and then just as I thought, I wasn't allowed through! I ranted to my friend. So, I went to the counter, ready to fire all my ammo at whoever sitting there, BUT he immediately believed my story without any sort of argument! Wtf! What's his problem, man??? No rebuke, no retorts?? I wanted to argue! FISH! Oh well... so I grudgingly lowered down my ammo, and thanked him. Aih... I guess that was nice of them.
Damn... I'm hungry... going to grab some cookies and milk now. Hoho!~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like someone wants to have some bigger problem when the problem is solved...
as it seems like he is trying to pick up a fight at the lrt station...
haha... lol...

Grinch said...

lol! human nature I guess.. I was so ready for something and it did not happen =P