Wednesday, September 2, 2009

sweat out

It has been awhile since I indulged myself in the leisure and pleasure of jogging. I love jogging...; period. But why haven't I been doing it? Well, I guess I wasn't that confident with my stamina after quite a long time away from it. So since Monday, I made of point of weaning myself back to this sport. Would I do it?? The reason why I am asking you and myself that is because I have been putting this off for so long... call it procrastination.


Where I went jogging...

Also besides that, for approximately two weeks, somehow the field looks rather empty. I mean less crowded than before. There used to be lots of footballers people playing football there.

Anywho, I am proud to say I jogged on Monday and Wednesday. Haha. It takes a bit of self-deceit to get myself to do it, but at least I did it.

Here's the log... albeit the awfulness:-

Monday:- 5.6km in 52 minutes.
Wednesday:- 3.0km in 24 minutes. (with more stress breathing - pushed myself a tad bit harder)

Still kinda off from how I was able to run last year --> 5.0km in 33 minutes.

But I would take heart with the improvement :)

I realised there's one thing better than MP3 being played while jogging --> comedies or MTV Made! =D

I love the gym I have been going to of late. Unlike the old one, this one is very well equipped. And the people/patrons are classy. Ooh and they have a fruit basket which you can feast on like a happy monkey. I know I was. I had two bananas and an apple :p But of course the membership comes with a hefty price. It's RM48 a day; and I won't want to bewilder you with the price of long-term membership. Having said that, I love the place.

Anyway, on Monday, after burning irons and blazing on the treadmill, I pampered myself :)

First:-


Sauna.
Guaranteed to make you sweat like a pig in less than 10 seconds flat! Oh. Bad idea to bring my phone in there. >< It was totally steamed up from inside out.

Ok keep in mind, that before this, the last time I was in a sauna, was my first. Back then, after 5 seconds, I was already suffocating. This time, I was determined to see what was all the fuss about.

I was about to enter when this guy went in...

Aren't obese people or people with heart probs not supposed to use the sauna?

Except he wasn't wearing any underwear. Ok la... he had a towel around his pot belly. But nothing underneath, I swear. I saw him coming out of the jacuzzi earlier. So... I realised everybody was quite happy to remove their pants in the guys dressing room. Should I be worried? Then I somehow remembered a scene from
Hot Chick.

I tried to google that.. boy I had more than I bargain for! What was I supposed to search for again?

Anyway, I let him be done first while I pretended to be busy. Then I was reminded of a scene in The Simpsons and what it would be like if I were to be in there with 'Homer'. Awkward moment with a naked guy. Should you be friendly? Or remain quiet? I wonder what would have freaked me out first. Claustrophobia or...

I also got into just my towel and when in after he came out. Damn steamy can... But syiok. Stayed in there about 3 minutes. Wonder what's the recommended duration though...

I showered after that, then take a peak or two before going into...

Second:-


Jacuzzi.
I could seriously have fallen asleep here man. Damn comfy... I didn't bring my trunks. So I wore my jogging pants instead. Since it was loose, air bubbles was building in there and I kept floating to the surface. I thought of removing it. But nah.. Anyway, it was a great first time thing. Haha.
Damn jakun in the jacuzzi.

If the world would to crumble around me, I couldn't care less.. it was THAT comfortable!


I grabbed some water to replenish the water lost from my body after using the sauna.

After that...

Third:-


Steam bath.
It's kinda like a sauna in here. Check out the charcoal on the left. I wonder if I could BBQ anything there. Anyway, the whole room smelled like cocoa butter (in the wooden pot on the right). I smelled like chocolate after a good 2 minutes in there.
Sweet!

I did a quick touch-n'-go in the shower after that; just to get rid of the sweat, but hopefully to retain the smell (of the cocoa butter, not the sweat).

This place is damn equipped...


Lockers.


A place to groom ourselves... any girl would dream to have at home. ;)

Ahh... bliss... damn refreshed
kao kao. I recovered the lost calories with 1 quart and 1 pint of Baskin Robbins after that :p

** Mental note: Bring clean underwears if I am planning to go to the gym next time. Sweaty ones can really smell rancid.

1 comment:

Grinch said...

Something wrong with the size of the fonts. Tried to rectify but somehow it didn't work.. =/