Tuesday, September 22, 2009

summer's over

Mood moon has been shining over me at a wrong angle again...

To make things worst, I had less than 5 hours of sleep! Oh wells. Gonna have to get used to that. Semester starting next week. But have to prepare the junior's orientation this Friday onwards.

Sighs.. I have to take one good look at my eyes now... free of eye bags. Okay. Mental picture. I wonder how bad it will be 3 months from now.

Anyway, I had lunch at Yummy Duck at Kuchai Lama. It's one of my dad's client's investment. So, I had to try la. It's something like a chicken/duck rice restaurant. But it was like a high end Hongkie-styled place. Anyway, I had noodles instead of rice. The meat were so-so la. A bit too fatty for my liking, especially the char siew. I prefer Aunty Gina's Yuk Kee at Taman Connaught.

Then, we went to KLCC. I went to Kinokuniya. Practically the only place I would go. First thing I saw was Valerie!! Ex senior back in VI. Now, in food industry course. So, we did some small talk, a bit of catching up. And if we had any business card, we would have definitely exchanged! It was kinda that formal.

Anyway, I promised to help her spread this survey she is doing. It's her Restaurant Management project. She needs about 200 participants. So far she has 70++. Please fill it up ya?? Thank you!! She also said...

1. Please note that you do not have to answer the first page of questions if you answer 'no' for the first question.

2. If you are currently overseas, put current location as your hometown.

After that, we parted ways. Then I went around looking for something to read. I searched through the bestsellers and found the Time Traveler's Wife. I have seen the trailer. Looks really good... I mean original and moving. So, I took it off the shelf. But what really sold me was the review by Evening Standard on top of the front cover. It reads - 'Here's the next The Lovely Bones... A rare book'. And it so happens that I am halfway reading The Lovely Bones!! Very excellent so far!!

I made my purchase, but didn't leave the bookshop yet. I sat there and read Outliers. It's so interesting reading about the statistics of successful people. I read till page 62 :p Don't think I will be buying it. Haha. I will just finish it slowly page by page every time I go to a bookstore.

Then before going back, I went to BEST. They sell tech stuffs. I went browsing, looking for a reasonably priced video camera. All I need is money.

1 comment:

jy said...

all the best for your new semester