Sunday, September 6, 2009

phew....

On Saturday, I have decided to do a bit of cardio - to give my stamina a big test. So I headed to the 'Green Lungs' of Wangsa Maju. It's a hilly area where the route can be as steep as 35°. As expected, there was a lot of huffing and puffing going on.

This time, I tried to give my muscles a lot of straining; but careful not to give myself a hamstring/hernia injury. I only stretched them to the limit I was comfortable with, with each long strides.


Jog Log:- 3.8km in 32minutes.

While jogging, there are really lots of things going on in your head. A real cocktail of mashed up stuffs bouncing about in that skull of yours. So to control whatever manifestations I subconsciously conjured up, I count... I count just about everything - the steps I take, the distance, the occasional joggers I passed, but not the time; that's hardly motivating. Somehow I feel a sense of accomplishment when I do my own counting. It keeps the mind away from the struggles I am facing. So that's tip #51 on this post of Guide to Jogging - Always count on your way up to the mount.



After that, I dropped by at the newest mall in Wangsa Maju - Wangsa Walk.

No comments: