Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vogue

I ain't so good at reviewing food, because usually at buffets, I am the kind who would just pile my plates and devour everything as soon as I am seated. You won't see me carrying a DSLR, taking snapshots of the food on my dinner plate. So here it goes...

I was back at Renaissance's Vogue once again. What can I say? The food there is just the best! They serve a mixture of local and Western food. Oh and we wanted to finish off the vouchers. Yes, my mom signed up to be a Prestige member (costs RM400++ annually) which entitles us to these booklet of vouchers which carries discounts and freebies worthed so much more than the fee itself. Read staycation for more...

I think Vogue serves one of the best buffets around. Like the first visit, they served cream pasta (only with a different type of pasta), lamb, chicken, fish, assorted cheese, sushi, bla bla... I can go on forever.. I will just show some of the pics I took.

L -> R: 1) Caesar's Salad. One thing cool about this is that at the counter, there is this really huge bowl for you to prepare and mix your own salad. So, you can decide how much veg you want and top it with stuffs like olive oil, crutons, cheese, bacon, shreded chicken, anchovies, mayo, etc. 2) This is the ultimate guilty plessure, chocolate mousse! SO creamy and chocolatey. Every bite melts in my mouth and tinggles every receptors on my tongue. Absolutely delightful! 3) I had so many of strawberries. It's like a healthy snack. Really couldn't stop eating.

I don't have a picture, but the raw prawns and salmon at the sushi corner tasted so good as well. Also the oysters! Yum! The first visit had chowder. I loved it. At the second, they served something different, mutton something, but it was still good.

So most of the food which were served were about the same. So, it was up to me to do some improvising. For example...


I took some lemons from the sushi corner, and made my own iced lemon tea.


I ate the green curry mussels with the pita bread I got from the bread section.


I scooped some Chocolate Haagen Dazs (Yes you heard me... Jogoya isn't the only buffet serving it) and added some stuffs from the dessert section - chocolate tipped marshmallows, strawberries, and some dark chocolates.

Oh yea.. at the dessert section, they have these jars of chocolates. There are dark chocs of course, which chocs corn flakes, milk chocolate, green tea chocolate, etc. I wish I could have taken the whole jar of dark chocolates back home, man!

At each time, they only serve two different flavours of Haagen Dazs ice cream. By the time I started savouring the desserts, there were chocolate and green tea. And of course, Haagen Dazs is famous for their vanilla. During our first visit when they first brought in the vanilla ice cream, everybody was suddenly queuing up for it! Because of that, and also because I was too bloated, I did not manage to eat it. So I made sure I had enough space for some vanilla this time around. Patiently we waited...

Until finally my mom, on a rather high volume side, commented to the 'Captain' that we were tired of waiting for the vanilla flavour ice cream to come out. I was like - You.. not we.. But the 'Captain' was such a nice fellow. He said he will get some specially for us! Then playfully he asked my mom what will she give him for it. My mom just said she's a member. After he left, my mom was like so bangga she was being hit on. Swt..

Our vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream. MMmmm...

So the cost of the buffet for four of us? Zilch! Zero! RM0.00. Not a cent! We went home with a huge tummy and a huge smile on our face :D Oh yea... parking is a bit expensive. RM12. So make sure you get your parking ticket chopped at Vogue to slash the cost by half.

I know what you are thinking. That's all great for us but what's the actual price? It's about RM100+ after taxed. A bit steep I would agree, but if you love food, this is worth trying. But I would be a Prestige member first ;)

But if buffet is not your thing; if you want something lighter, you can try Vogue's Mediterranean set lunch. To me, it was fabulous. For buffets, all you want to do is stuff yourself silly and make sure you get your money's worth. But eating their set lunch, you will be able to truly taste and savour every flavour with each bite of your food. I highly recommend it. You have 3 options in each of the starters, main course, and desserts. Sorry I can't remember what they are exactly called, but I will try to describe them. So here's what I ate/chose...

First up was the complementary bread/bun basket. Just like at Italianese, the buns/bread may actually make you full before your main course comes out. But you have to try their bread, really English! I said English.. because what do I know about Mediterranean?

For my starters/entree, I had a plate of salmon salad. The salmon looked raw, but I wasn't sure when I ate it. The salmon, mixed with honey mustard tasted so good, and chewy! Best salmon I ever had by a mile!

My dad said his mushroom soup was very creamy. I tried it and I must admit; it's not like Campbell's at all. You could taste the mushroom in Vogue's.

Our courses came in one by one. You could request them to do otherwise. But they will surely pay attention to you. We were like the only customers there... actually literally! Well, most of the hotel patrons of course would prefer to eat out rather than in the hotel for lunch. Anyway, we didn't have to wait long for each course to come out.

For my main course, I had lamb shank. I requested for medium rare. You can ask for well done if you want. Anyway, I have only rave reviews for the lamb! I say kudos to the chef. He really made my day! Excellent and tantalising! It's prepared with mashpotatoes and the lamb shank topped with mayo and marinated with mushroom sauce.

My dad had the seabass with ratatouille! Now.. I wonder who's the chef.

Maybe a certain young rat named Remy?

Anyway my dad said it tasted alright. Haha. Ratatouille actually taste like pasta sauce.

As for desserts, I had the fruit custard pudding. It was pretty normal. But I love strawberries and pudding.

My dad had this. Looks gorgeous huh? It's a cake layered with choc mousse, with some more chocolates sticking out. It was rich. So I didn't let my dad finish it :p

Again, this meal was completely free! Yet another benefit being a Prestige member :D I wouldn't say we were very full; satiated. But good enough to last till an early dinner. Normal price? RM60 something nett.


So, are you feeling hungry now?

2 comments:

jy said...

your dinner that day must have been a very nice one and you must have been really enjoying it... haha..

Grinch said...

Yup!! It was good!!