Monday, August 17, 2009

cockroach


Cockroaches are so adaptable and resilient. They live just about anywhere on Earth. Just leave a pack of Maggi in your room; and you might be asking for trouble. Forgot to empty your trash after more than a day? A whole colony could move in with you.

Someone wise once said, "If you see one cockroach, you can bet there are about another hundred scurrying somewhere near."

Late last night, before going to bed, I decided to get a cup of water from the kitchen. And right there just below the sink was the fattest, biggest cockroach you ever seen. I approached closer to it to see if it was dead or not. I was startled when he started to flutter its wings. Nothing was worse than a flying fat roach! So I grabbed my trusty Shieldtox and started to spray at the bugger (pun unintentional). So it begin its usual scurrying-for-its-life all over the kitchen. I decided to tail it to watch it die find out where it was going to die (have to retrieve the body the next day). Boy, this is a tough one. It's not giving up. So I gave it another good 10-second spray. DAMN. It's on the windows now. So I cleared the cups and water tumblers. I didn't want the roach to die in there. If not I definitely have to throw them away. GROSS. It's on top of my cereal box! Thankfully it is still sealed. Then it was on the microwave's side. So I gave it a quick spray, and it fell turn-turtled. That's that. I was just about to get my cup of water when it went back to its upright position. This fella damn reluctant to give up, man. Another 5-second spray and I literally see it chocking. It was now struggling to get back upright. Nearby, I heard a lizard's tik-tik-tik.. I got down and watched. I know... damn sadistic. But then, an effect from the spray, I think it lost control of its bowel movements and started pooping in its pants. P-U man... I got up, get my water, and went upstairs to sleep.

If we were like cockroaches, we will be capable of living without food for a month and can survive on just the glue on the back of stamps if necessary. And most famously, not even 5-star hotels or nuclear explosions/radiations can stand in the way of cockroaches (because they are simpler organisms; we are considered complex). Supposedly the latter should occur, they stand to inherit our Earth. Needless to say, cockroaches are the ultimate survivor.


No comments: