Wednesday, August 12, 2009

staycation

"Good afternoon! Welcome to Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel. We do hope you enjoy your stay here in Kuala Lumpur."

All I can say is.. "HAHA. Thank you."

The hotel is only located 18 minutes from home. So staying there for one night over the weekend will make lots of sense...

Wait. I wasn't being sarcastic. Look what they have to offer...
  • A luxury hotel in Malaysia with one of the biggest Olympic-sized swimming pool in Kuala Lumpur.
  • Hotel offers the largest state-of-art fitness centre (24hrs) in Kuala Lumpur.
And of course the food!! Buffet dinner at Vogue was absolutely heaven sent!

And I forgot to talk about our room. It's huge!! It's a bedroom suite worthed RM800 per night. Not bad at all... for free! Yes FREE. From the word freedom...


The room view

Well not exactly. We signed up for this Renaissance Prestige, a loyalty membership, which costs an annual fee of RM400. SO... it's a pretty good deal, considering the amount the vouchers are worthed.

Part of the huge room. It had two of this flat screens!


Random picture.

Okay... back to the buffet. We got a 40% discount for being a Prestige member. And at RM62 per person after taxed and discounts, I would say worthed every single cent, except one cent doesn't exist in Malaysia anymore. But it was money well-spent (trying not to use the word 'worthed' again)!

I don't have the pictures to prove (not much of a food blogger), but you have to take my word for it. So many varieties it's hard to list everything down.

"So full!"

*GRUMBLE* *GRUMBLE*

(Went to get more full)

"MMMmmm... so good... but so full."

That's how we all were. Okay.. I'm going there again. Maybe I can get some decent pictures this time.

And I had the opportunity to use the gym, which was huge!! It is so well-equipped. Again no pics. I went twice in the 24 hours we were there. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to swim. But the pool was great.


My morning 'breakfast' before workout. 'Juice' and 'crackers'.

But on both occasions, I was beat after just an hour. And that wasn't even cardio. *Sighs* I came a long way from the half-marathon runner stamina of yesteryear. Anyway, while I huffed and puffed at the resting lounge, the gym manager offered me an apple. More importantly, it was complimentary... Yay (It's a Chinese thing). The changing room at the gym was also 5-star! I was so tempted to use everything, like the hair gel, comb, lotion, etc. Only thing missing was mints. Also something happened there... let's just say this 'Richard Hatch' felt his jacuzzi was too hot for him the moment I came in.

Anyway, it's all about the food :D

No comments: