Thursday, July 9, 2009

you are not alone


We will never understand what he endured ... being judged, ridiculed. "Maybe, now, Michael, they will leave you alone." - brother Marlon, choking up.

Earlier he had to be comforted by Jermaine, before he could bravely proceed albeit in a cracking voice...

I could barely take it anymore and this gut-wrenching emotional scene completely shattered me...

"I just wanted to say," Paris began weakly.

"Speak up, sweetheart, speak up," Janet encouraged, sweeping the girl's long hair back. "And get close."

Paris put one hand behind her neck, another on the microphone, and began again.

"Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine," she said, her tiny voice cracking.

Rebbie and Marlon Jackson moved in closer to comfort their niece. She shut her eyes tight.

Then she wrapped her hands - little fingernails painted red _ around the microphone and fought back tears as she continued: "And I just wanted to say I love him - so much."

She collapsed in tears into her aunt's arms.

"It's OK, baby. It's OK," Janet Jackson said as she held Paris close. Prince joined in on the hug.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But there were also reasons to celebrate on the Memorial Night... reasons to celebrate the life of one Michael Jackson.

Berry Gordy explaining what a great artiste he was...

"He raised the bar, then broke the bar."

.
.

"The more I think about Michael, and talk about Michael, the more I think that 'King of Pop' is not good enough. I think he is simply...

I think he is simply...

the greatest entertainer that ever lived."


Al Sharpton explaining what a great Daddy he was...

"Wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with."


The world explaining what a great man he was...

- Singing 'We are the World' -


We will miss you...

No comments: