Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Is magic real?

When I was a kid growing up, I read lots of Enid Blytons. I was always longing for the holidays, because I knew my parents would buy me more of them for my sis and I. My childhood has always been about the fantasies created by these books. I mean I literally believe what I was reading. I was so innocent. I believed in magic. Each time a spell was casted by one of the magic folks in these books, I muttered those words out loud. I was literally waiting and expecting for something to happen. When words failed, it didn’t deter me at all. Instead, I tried to imitate the actions depicted in the book. I thought that somehow that crazy idea might work. When nothing happened once again, even that didn’t disappoint me. I would write those ‘spells’ down and kept them. Perhaps it would work some other time, I had thought to myself.


Anyway, I grew out of that. I got some sense or rather logic knocked into my head, which helped me decide basically what was and wasn’t possible. But I still have that strong believe in magic.


I knew it will always be a part of me. Even when the mask man on AXN spoils everything for me, I still believe in magic. Although… I learnt from this guy and from The Prestige, that it is all science. If you are pretty mechanical and you heard of someone with a new invention, you may come up with a bright idea to be used in your next performances.


But the idea of blowing people’s mind, especially by street magicians is what I absolutely love. One of my childhood ambitions… yes you guessed it, a magician. Well, somewhere along the way, most of my childhood ambition became something sort of a hobby. It’s kinda like love. After you get so used to someone, it’s not something you wanna do for the rest of your lives anymore. Ahh… such is the thin barrier between career and hobby.


But I digress….


I am still talking about magic. To me… magic is something which doesn’t need curtains or smoke screens to amaze. Magic is all real, and we witness it in every second of our lives.


Magic is when you made the right decisions.

Magic is when your gut feelings are right each time.

Magic is when you hummed to a song, and then as it turns out, it’s also on the radio.

Magic is when you bumped into someone just as you were thinking about him or her.

Magic is when your troubles would suddenly float away.

Magic is when you lost your words at the sight of someone special.

Magic is when you win something of your heart’s desire.

Magic is when you can make someone happy.

Magic is when your heart is sincere.

Magic is when you know… deep down, God is watching over you.


Do you believe in magic?



No comments: