Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sleepless in KL

Yesterday’s haze choked me right out of slumber. It wasn’t as if I had fallen asleep properly anyway. Mosquitoes were furiously over me, biting at every exposed flesh not clothed or blanketed. I so badly wanted the fan speed to be up another notch (maybe until the maximum); but I was too lazy to get out of bed. Chinks of light still surround the outer shape of the shared bathroom. My sis is probably still awake. My handphone is by my bedside. Should I call her? *Sighs* My muscles twitched… whether from repeated mosquito bites over the same spot, or it’s from my body’s fight-or-flight mechanism sending me a telegraph urging me to answer its call. Yeah… that’s right… I begin to feel so detached from my body. That’s a good thing… really. Maybe I could just ignore everything, and then maybe I could just return to my reveries.


And fueled by another sort of unrest, my body fights of my brain and its over-indulging punishing thoughts, starving it out of oxygen. As my breathing grew shallower, I could vaguely remember my heart beat anymore, and not before long, I dozed off… much to the delight of the feasters swarming around me, already smart enough not to buzz pass my ears.




1 comment:

Liz said...

I hate mosquitoes.... I'm being eaten alive here in Malaysia! My mum says it cos i'm "new blood".

ugh.