Thursday, January 15, 2009

pet peeves

During my study break, I discovered many things which can really get on my peripheral nerves...


"The karaoke machine has been named in a government survey as the most irritating invention." - Ananova

I have to really agree with the Brits on this. The idea of singing... okay.. more to listening to people singing, who think they can sing, seriously makes me cringe. To make matters worse, the cheering he/she receives will leave me at breaking point. If I'm a little more out of control, I would use the mic and wield it directly at the bleeping machine; bashing it to a million pieces.

Instead, I would just distract myself with thoughts of hyper-critical comments that even Simon Cowell will find harsh.



Another thing which I find most irksome is video games! They are so bleepingly addictive!! Oh gawd... especially to the tired and saturated minds, it is such a relief to anxieties. An excellent substitute to methyldopa. Bah!! It can be a total waste of my bleeping limited precious time; especially at the very most critical period at the dawn before the start of my exams. Next thing I know, I'm sacrifising sleep just to beat my own high score. Dammit! How so very productive... It seemed so satisfying at the moment. I can literally play continuously without any remorse what sort ever. It's exactly like being in virtual reality; losing myself like that. Sometimes, I have to thank my friends who unwittingly texts me in the wee hours of the morning to break the spell. After that, I can temporarily regain focus.

But like any other drugs, there is a tolerance level. I need to play longer each time than the last to feel the same satisfaction. Swt... So, I'm admitting myself to a rehab centre. I got to learn to refrain myself. Abstinence!



And I can't believe for the second year in a row, FOB failed to spot KL on their Asia map!! They will be in Singapore again!! *Whines*

*Sighs*...

Exams over... got less than two weeks to chill before the start of the new sem...

Oh wait... got CPD, poster and CV to do... No more excuses...

No comments: