Monday, August 4, 2008

lose yourself

We get our best ideas when we clearly concentrate and let our thoughts wonder. One moment we are facing a clear white wall and suddenly we are in a vertigo of very vivid mixture of colours; like a kaleidoscope. It's very awe-inspiring if you know what you are looking for. Kinda like looking for Waldo in an artistic picture.

But sometimes when I look for ideas, I find the best place is in the shower. Hmm. So that 3 x 3 feet area is my thinking zone. My own space. Somehow I could clearly visualise myself being under a rainfall. It will be darn relaxing while I let my mind drift away. It's like the trickling water clears all my troubles away; at the same time allowing me to think about stuffs.



My thoughts can range from just about anything. Like the other day, I was thinking about apocalyse. Yeah it's a bit morbid. But it was just a thought about what ifs. How would we all react if one day aliens land on our planet? Would we stay calm? A sudden influx into religious houses? What will the military power nations do? I'm definitely a firm believer of ET. No doubt they exist. The universe is so vast; why wouldn't they be out there somewhere? I even read somewhere that our universe split equally from time to time; just like going through a mitotic process. So that will mean, another Earth exist our there with YOU and I in it; probably doing the same thing. Then I wonder again. What if looking through a mirror is like looking through a different dimension? Although that will defy the laws of Physics, I just couldn't help but wonder.

Usually I will daydream to gather ideas for stories I would like to write next time; even songs. Sometimes I will tie it up with personal experiences. Because that's as original as it can get right?
Life can be so complicated. From others' view, it's interesting reading about people's life and how they are coping it. But torture bordering onto dementia for the writer. It's not all bed of roses. Not even bed of mud. Sometimes falling to sleep is more of a compulsive thing rather than a ritual or necessity.

No comments: