Friday, August 1, 2008

hell on heels


This was the last book I read. It is a fun chick lit I would say except the part where descriptions upon descriptions of outfits and styles of brands are elaborated. I couldn't care any less during those bits (that's why I felt I connected with Andy's character). I probably just breezed through that part not bothering to figure out how they actually dressed like. I mean there are plenty of sophisticated and extremely expensive designers items out there which I never heard of before reading this. Fo shizzle the likes of Prada, Jimmy Choo, Chanel, Versace, YSL, etc will be banking lots after the publication of this book.

The book is also witty. I loved the way Andy reacted in the end. Haha! Anyway, praises to Lauren for her first book. Of the movie, I totally digged it. Meryl Streep was a perfect Miranda! And I loved Anne!

A bit of reminiscing about my boss...she wasn't any devilish at all. Maybe it was because I was a temporary worker back then. But she still seemed genuinely nice.


Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes.

HENRY DAVID THOREAU, WALDEN 1854

No comments: