Friday, August 20, 2010

when the door opens...

I guess I choke easily, especially when I am surprised. I am not used... or maybe I always don't expect to bump into someone...

I was at the hospital after my 4th day of physio. The escalator opened, and so amongst the crowd, was a vaguely familiar face. I wasn't sure; so I didn't say anything. Besides, I was in the hospital. No one goes around in the hospital hoping to bump into someone you know.

But she acknowledged me. And then I kinda knew, but I kept my silence. I guess I was just as surprised as my friend. Anyway, she asked why I was there. She was genuinely concern about my back, when I told her I was there for therapy. So, the escalator reopened at the ground floor; we shook hands and parted ways. I felt like such a douche for not asking why she was there.......... ..... ....... ..... and yet... maybe .... I hope there's nothing to be concerned about. She came from one of the ward floors...

No comments: