Thursday, August 12, 2010

penultimate day

There were some things I did today at work which I haven't done before.

1. Have a decent breakfast in the pantry. The bread there is free everyday, with an option of either:
a) Hot chocolate
b) Teh Tarik
c) Cappuccino

I chose option a). No kidding it was seriously hot. My tongue even feels a little desensitised now. Hoh worh ith.

2. My breakfast consisted of onions. Crunch. Ermm.. No.. I did not eat it like an apple. It was in my sandwich. So, I felt my breath was a bit overwhelming. I didn't have any breath mints. And I knew I had to talk to one of my colleague about something. If I were to approach her, it's anyone's guess what might her reaction be. So I squeeze some RR on my finger.. like on a toothbrush, sized up the situation, surveyed my perimeters, and put it into my mouth. I went straight to the toilet to gargle a bit, and 60 seconds later, my breath is as fresh as ever! :D

3. Raymond took me out for lunch. He gave me a choice.
a) Jusco
b) TGIF at Wangsa Walk
c) Korean food at Ampang Point

I picked c). Because, a), I am always eating there. b) I just went there about 2 weeks ago with my family. And c), it has been a long time since I ate Korean food. It was okay. Not bad.

4. I cleaned the "store" room. Well its name is actually the Future's room. It's not something I particularly enjoy doing. But someone has got to do it, and well... it's one way to leave a legacy.. here in GSK; although I am giving about 2 weeks tops before I think chaos will return to the room :p Anyway, I threw away some stuffs.. and sold off some. I should probably make about RM6k++ in the process. So now it's pretty decent. At least there's a proper route inside. I called it Lorong JL. :D

5. On a serious note, I learnt a bit about BTL materials (Below the Line). And I helped to raise the approval of an AW (Artwork) which I had instructed an agency of ours to do.

Lazy to explain about Above the Line and BTL.... SO I rip a paragraph off Wiki:

In a nutshell, while ATL promotions are tailored for a mass audience, BTL promotions are targeted at individuals according to their needs or preferences. While ATL promotions can establish brand identity, BTL can actually lead to a sale. ATL promotions are also difficult to measure well, while BTL promotions are highly measurable, giving marketers valuable insights into their return-on-investment.
I am quite happy with the AW. :) :)

So, even though it was my second last day, there were still plenty of firsts.... :) Fantastic time in GSK. :D

No comments: