Sunday, November 2, 2008

my gluteus maximus is hurting

Throughout the last week, my stomach has been stretch to its very limits - belly popping like nobody's business. Continuing from my last post, my mom has been preparing some extravagant dinner as we had guests at home, namely Aunt Fook See and Cousin Swee Jin. And during such occasions, I'm always amused that my mom will take all the trouble to find her best china from the kitchen cabinet. We will always use plates that we have never seen before. And while cutting pieces of food, we would all receive stares that meant to say, "you better not scratch that or else!".

Anyway, my aunt and cousin stayed for 3 nights. On they first night, they did not join us for dinner. So dinner was just pretty much normal. But as I came home from uni the next two nights, I was obviously very shocked not surprised at all that we had ordered KFC to complement our mundane homey dinner. Don't get me wrong, my mom also made some delicious dishes, including her Chinese-styled chicken and ais kacang! She also fried ham for breakfast. Oh did I mentioned that mom purposely took leave to pamper our guests?

We ate so much that poor Swee Jin said that he prob gained 5kgs everyday he was here. I also felt the effects of some layering of new adipose tissues. So, I took advantage of Tuesday's free day and head to the uni's sports complex. I also went there on Friday but with more friends. We played futsal, badminton, basketball and squash. Squash got plenty of attention. Everyone wanted to learn how to play. So I thought them whatever limited skills I did know. But there's this guy who was a former state player complimented me! He even challenged me to a match. But I was too tired then :p Oh. And we could be playing tennis next week! I really need to learn how to play.

Also just today, my family and I went to the Terry Fox Run at Lake Gardens. Another 5km which will surely get me back to shape. I managed to finish the race in about 30-33mins. My average time. I did not want to push myself as I only slept 4 hours the night before; not the most ideal preparation for a long distance run. But finish in an admirable time, I still feel ;) Oh! And guess who I saw at the race?? Yuan Lih, a senior of mine back in VI. And I think I saw Ida!! One half of Ida & Tania, from the Amazing Race! I swore I saw her!! OMG. No one believes me =/

Anyway, we were at Kiaramas the night before, at aunt's place. Prior to that, we had another heavy meal at Hartamas Square. Uncle Khing joined us after dinner. I asked him of the latest score between Manu and Hull. And Apparently ShiVern tol him Hull was leading 3-1 at the break. YEah..

I'm still feeling a little drowsy although I had a 2.5 hours nap just now. Malaysia have been really hot and humid lately. Worst was when I was in the middle of the crowd of runners just now, right before flag off. Have you ever been in that situation?? Suddenly the humidity can increase by 100 folds. It gets harder to breathe. No air; no air...! Ok ok.. I think I would sign off here. Hmm.. watch Heroes or study? Haha!

No comments: