Saturday, November 29, 2008

fedex

A fortnight ago, I took advantage of a full free day on Tuesday to see Roger Federer himself. I thought since it was a working day, not many people will have the time like I have.

How wrong was I...

By the time I reached the KLCC Philharmonic Hall at 11.00am , there were already nearly 800++ people! Some had begun queuing up as early as 9.00am! There were many die-hard fans! I mean serious fans! They had tennis balls - big & small, racquets and other memorabilias. Alls I brought were the shirt that clothed me and the bag on my back with my ever loyal plastic water bottle.

Some cool fans! Their banner is really awesome. It showed the prices of some famous Swiss stuffs and Federer being priceless.

Note the guy wearing a hat and waving a South African flag. Federer's dad is Swiss but his mom is South African! Betcha didn't know that right?? Now you know!

So when he came in a Mercedes.. not a Swiss brand but who cares... everybody started blowing their horns and rushed to take his pic. I was blocked off many times!! damnit...


I ran out of my queue to get a better close view. All I see was the back of his head though. He was reading the papers. Star I think.

As he got out, he was greeted with an uproarous deafening cheer!


I then ran in to get another picture - because I wasn't satisfied with what I took so far. But... yea....

So I got back into line but ended up further behind in the queue.



After awhile, the guards blocked off the queue. But what can just a few men do? Some very desperate fans managed to barge through without much resilience from the men in uniforms. So much for security..

Roger waving to his fans. Too much back light. Ish.


The 1000 dispersing fans after Federer went upstairs instead. Everyone was expecting him to come down. I also though of leaving.

RTM interviewing some fans.


A small souvenir... =)

Ok I didn't shake his hands. But lucky to be at the right place at the right time when they were handing this out. Haha! I rushed to uni after that for a meeting.

No comments: