Saturday, October 11, 2008

wheels on the bus go round and round

Just about everyday of the week, there will surely be some incidents on the bus. I kinda look forward to these rides although I used to hate it at first.

Anyway, I realised how comfortable the journey from Kajang to Nottingham and vise versa can be. I will normally have a book in one hand (reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" right now) by the time I get on the bus. As the bus begin to roar on, I will usually shut my eyes and doze off. If I'm lucky, I can steal a 30 minutes nap without having bouts of waking ups.

However, on Monday, I overslept!! Lucky the bus driver's assistant spotted me drooling on one of the seats. She woke me up and I dashed for the door while apologising to the driver. Then, she called me again and passed me the bus coupons which I dropped. I dreamily accepted it. As I got down, I clearly remembered stuffing the coupons into my bag. Sure enough, I got someone else's one. Oh well... no point having it go to waste. So, I stuffed it into my pocket and went on my way.

I wasn't always early. I missed the bus a couple of times. And of course I couldn't wait. So I agreed to the same taxi driver on both occasions to drive me to Uni. He charged me RM25 each time. That's why I got reprimanded by my parents. But perhaps there was a silver-lining to all this; especially on the second time. As soon as I got out of the taxi, I observed two friends rekindling; the taxi driver and a student on campus. They were smiling, laughing and sharing loads of stories. Did I accidentally do a good deed? I wasn't sure...

But on Thursday evening, I knew I did. I found a wallet on one of the seats. I could have went to the Students' Association (SA) and miss the bus or just kept it with me until the next day. Instead, I decided to hand it to the bus driver. I have seen him a few times (including the incident on Monday, and when I got stucked in the bus last week :p) to know that he seems trustworthy. As he drove off, he passed the guard house at the entrance of the Uni and handed it to the guard there. I felt kinda good that we both did the right thing. A new friend? :p

I was also actually kinda happy on that morning. I was sleeping on the bus, when I was awoken by a sudden influx of people. I opened my eyes and someone just sat beside me. And then I said, "Hey. Good morning." Cute Smiley Girl (CSG) then turned and said she didn't notice it was me. So I did my best doing some small talk. I was immediately awake. While small-talking, I drew the curtains as there were some rays coming in. We went to class after getting off the bus. The next day, on the way back, we bumped into each other again. We didn't know we were on the same bus till we got off at the last stop. It was great seeing her although it's hard finding topic to talk about. Her smile is just enchanting =) *melts*

No comments: