Monday, September 5, 2011

finding

So, it is like this. It's summer my holidays, and I haven't got much to do. Sometimes I wouldn't mind, as I think I would recharge my batteries that way. I could read my novels and watch movies I always wanted to.

But on other days, I feel that I am too idle. And every time I said "I'm bored", I feel a unicorn dies, or well.. I feel completely useless.. and then remain so.

I often rebuked myself for "letting a unicorn die". Why shan't I defend the poor unicorn? It's the fighting spirit that I need to seek at times like this. It's the character-building which I know is good for me.

But why is it so hard to do those things? Maybe it's easier to stay in bed an extra 15 minutes than to get up as soon as the alarm rings. Maybe it's easier to forgo a jog just because the sky looks overcast. Maybe it's easier to give an excuse than to instigate an initiative. *Easy?* I think I just abhorred that word.

I think I have slacked enough. I shall do something about this. What I may need is to ignite the motivational fuse at the prefrontal cortex of my brain.

I just need to remind myself that nothing in this world is ever easy; similar to nothing is ever free. There's always a catch. Every time we do something easy, we are unknowingly shackled at our legs with balls and chains. Try swimming or running in that situation. Either you sink, or you fall; there won't be any glory.

So how would you lift yourself out from such a mess? Well, you could struggle back to survive, or stand up and carry that burden with you all the way without any fuss about it. Above all, I think you need to believe. Nothing is impossible. We are all humans, we are not perfect, everyone has fallen short before. Don't feel inferior. We just need to pick ourselves up, and fix our eyes upon the goal that we are aiming for. Sometimes we all just need a good reminder that easy stuffs may be attractive, but a good hard work gives satisfaction.




People with religion should be happy, because they can always turn to a higher power and pray for guidance or help. Sometimes when I am troubled, and when I am weary, and when I feel lost, I find my purpose again when I speak to God. It may be easy for skeptics to scoff this idea. But if you would try to believe, you would experience what I feel or what I see, in this relationship with Him.

1 comment:

jy said...

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

http://niv.scripturetext.com/isaiah/40.htm