Monday, May 31, 2010

anyway

It's just a crazy world out there. You read the news about a 2 year old boy smoking 40 cigarettes a day. You find people telling you about their daughter's wedding, and you are so excited for them because you assumed you are invited... and then when you were so happy for them, and start asking about the dates and everything, then suddenly, you made the person very uncomfortable because they realised they shouldn't have told you about it, because well... you are not invited.

But these are just slices of what our world has to offer. The second one was more of a misunderstanding on my part.... sighs... Ireland. Oh wells... maybe next time we will get another REAL invitation. Not from the same family I hope. I wish them the best.

Ahem. SO, now... what's going on with me? I know I haven't been blogging... like really blogging. I meant to have written some stuffs, but guess I needed some fresh inspiration. Something to be absolutely concern about. So, anyway, I was admitted to the hospital last week, initially it was bronchitis. I was coughing so badly. But they tested for everything as well. So everything else was fine. Chest xray and mucus test proved it wasn't H1N1. Blood test negative for anything else. I was put in a twin sharing room at first. I didn't mind my neighbour. He wasn't that noisy, only sometimes when he had guests over.

Then, I thought if this situation - ie being in the hospital - is worthy of a facebook status update. I won't pretend that it was tempting to get some buzz on facebook for my misfortunes. But. I guess it was also cool not to do the things that people would expect. Anyway, I didn't wanna bother anyone either. Everyone else was having holidays. Then, I thought where that came from. Because the thing is, I seldom think of people that much.

So, I stayed in that room for the first two nights. Then, on my birthday, my mom upgraded me to the single room. Yay! But to be honest, I didn't mind the twin-sharing. The single room got its perks though. I had a great view of KL, and I had more privacy. Oh... and the nurses or doctor had to knock before they come in. MUAHAHA.

The next day, they came in... after knocking of course... and told me it was dengue. But by that time, I was already super fine, ready to be discharged. Anyway, later that day, they took me off the drip, which was like liberation! Because, things were so much easier after that, especially when it came to bathing and doing simple things like wearing my shirt. But I had to maintain my platelet count, otherwise I have to stay another night, which to me, wasn't about to happen... cannot.. impossible... unacceptable. I had to work the next day!! So, I did everything I was supposed to do, I ate right, drank plenty of water, and like the mirror image of Europe's stock market, my platelet count shot back up the next day.

Of course I was bummed that I had not had a proper holiday. (not so much about my birthday) But at least I was out of the hospital. It was kinda boring. And so I re-begin work this week. It would be a semester long. This week being week 2... and that shall be another story. See ya! Take care.

No comments: