Wednesday, February 10, 2010

and the greatest is...

I came over and she said "Hey." It wasn't something that anyone would have remembered, but little did I know, it would turn out to be the start of an epic collision course, which would last from way back then till now. I never saw it coming. The impact had already begun even before the stars were formed, all penned out, all written. It took a long time, each revolution would bring them closer, unintentionally, just following the tracks laid before them. In my life, Faith came first. Hope, emerged slightly later from where I was. Love was no where in sight. Her existence brought no signs, but was well aware by Hope...

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.”

-Proverbs 19:21

In the beginning, I didn't know Faith was so important to me until she left. It was then, that I begun to lose myself. I found out that it was a scary possibility to not be connected at all, to be forgotten when I am gone, to be lost in eternity. That's when I started to have Hope. Hope taught me to be kind, understanding, and be an avid listener. It was Hope who had saved me from my own self-destruction. It was Hope who had look into my eyes and smiled as if to say, "You will be alright". It was Hope that never let me down, whenever I feel the need for her. Then, almost recently, Love came to my life. Hope told me stories of Love. I have always enjoyed her stories. Hope said that in the olden days, Hope has always been associated with Love. They coexisted as a pair, bringing joy to people around. Until one day, Hope realised that the ties between Hope and Love were hard work. So both went separate ways, to maintain the order of balance of the two.

Hope discreetly advised me about Love. Perhaps Hope had realised her time was nearing the end, perhaps not. But it took me awhile before I began to Love. To cut things short, I realised I misunderstood Love. It felt like playing with fire, with the same kind of hurt and burn as the consequences. Hope was still around, but seldom do we speak. It was as if Hope's prophecy was true. I saw Hope lingering more with others, and I felt a little missing. And, when Love shoved me out of the door, again I was left with nothing. But slowly, Love begun to let me in again. It wasn't in my attentions as well. I was just being well-guided. I think Hope saw it coming, and realising the best intentions for all, Hope made up her mind to leave. Like when I lost Faith, I didn't realise how much Hope meant to me till she's gone. But before she left, Faith came back to my life, to first time form a complete-three-way-collision. It was clean.. nothing messy. There was no sound, just a bright blinding light, of a spectacular scale. Perhaps, it was the Lord's way of rebooting, setting a different thing I want in life.

Because when Hope was gone... my insides wept. But I had Faith, and I knew that we are being herded well and that there's a sacred bond between us four when the collision occur. We are somehow all connected, by an elastic string of unknown length and I so know that Hope would be back someday. I will wait for her. But in the meantime, Love has been fairly well to me. Love is interesting. Love makes me happy. Love always make me feel fuzzy inside. Love taught me to be strong, empathetic, to always believe that things happened for a reason, to be positive, to be sincere, to not be selfish, to always do the righteous thing, and of course - to Love.



No comments: