Wednesday, December 9, 2009

unveiled

The moment you share that bit of news with a gasp and a "tee-hee" with that close buddy of yours, did you ever think that it would be closely guarded for good?

Whatever analogy you want to use, secrets are like the perfume people wear. They are like the "surprise" birthday parties we ourselves expect. They are like the weight that we gain. They are like the cost a gift. Sooner or later, people are bound to know... just like the recipe of a certain bakery in Malaysia.

People say I am rather secretive. I think I am just like everyone else. We all have our secrets. Sometimes, we feel that certain things are not necessary for others to know. Let's take A for example. I have known A for soooo loooong. It has been quite awhile since we hung out. I see him fairly often, and we would do small talks just to update ourselves on things. So it came as a surprised when I found out he knows B. Well alright... the world is small. So, fair enough. Okay... so nothing seemed so secretive here right? Wait..

So, B. Not much I can say. Just that we only knew each other. So anyway, we all had this big gathering, just to meet up. I got to know many of their friends. And somehow or rather, they chose that day to make a 'memorable' day for both A and B. Initially, I was confused by what's going on. I was even misleaded into thinking pleasantly surprised they were such a friendly bunch of people. I was talking to both A and B when they brought me aside, and had said they wanted to know me better over a drink. I was like "Okayy... sure." So I left A and B, and joined them. Before I could even say "Well... I am not that intere...", they were buzzing about A and B. What happened to the hospitality I wondered. Now when I think about it, it was such a BS. Their story had more bubbles than the Carlsberg I was drinking.

So, anyway... they proceeded to take pictures of everyone there. However, little did A and B know, that every single picture was just focused on them. So... yea... plenty of zooms and awkward camera angles. That's one way secrets can be unveiled. Two people whom I know fairly long enough, and not a word was shared about each other... ever! .... till that day.

Somehow, I was given the title CNN. It's a bit untrue. Sometimes I do filter, and I do keep secrets. So, I think that it's only half true that I am a 'pat kong' (gossip guy). I am not a Perez, nor a Richard. Perhaps my reputation precede me. I have learnt that 'with great power comes great responsibility' wtf... the hard way. I leaked some news out, which I never had expect to spread like wildfire. It did, leaving quite a destruction behind. From then, I vowed to use my 'ability' only for good purposes.

So, the news about A and B... well it wasn't that big of deal actually. But one of them didn't want it to resonate out of the circle. So it was just a few of us delocalised electrons that knew about it. But, as stressed earlier. Secrets?? Bah humbug! There's no such thing. Sometimes depending on the variety of external and internal factors, its half-life is quite small. In this case, after only 1 month, I heard the first crack in the dam. Some common friends deduced something... which was as accurate as they could be (My friends are smart). I actually didn't expect them to notice so well. But, granted with my 'ability', I covered for that friend. And I think all was forgotten. But I think the next crack would surely cause the flood. *Shrugs*

So... yea... my blog can be quite dead at times. Sometimes, I could have sworn I heard crickets in the background. But that's prob just me, grinding my teeth, while thinking what to write, pondering if I should let you kids into my sugary home. Since, all secrets aren't meant to last, I figured there should be no reason not to hide anymore. I have told someone the same thing, so it's only honourable to actually practise what I had preached. And, with that, I welcome you, the selected few, to lose yourselves, and waste your precious study time reading my mindless, meaningless, cryptic tales of the twisted mind, which is yours truly... Grinch :D



No comments: