Thursday, June 11, 2009

news

There I was, staring at my shoes. These should be off, I felt. I took them off. I arranged them neatly by the side. I wriggled my toes. It felt good in the socks that clothed them. It helps keep my feet warm. I emptied my pockets, turned off my phone and put everything neatly in my shoes.

I turned to face the world again. The breeze released me from everything. I had no fear. I was standing at the ledge of an abandoned building, the edge of the world. I have no idea where I am. I have never been to this part of the city before. It doesn't matter to me. I did not plan to go home.

I felt the cut on my arm. It was still wet and raw. I had earlier climbed over the barbed fence. It did not sting nor hurt. I closed my eyes and let my mind wonder. This felt right. Instincts guided me here. They have always served me well. So I trusted myself on this matter-of-life-and-death situation. I had left a note at home. I wonder why I still brought my phone. It doesn't matter anymore now.

I spread my hands eagle-like. I took a deep breath. The wind was still strong. It started to feel chilly. I was nearly floating. I thought of the note I had written. It will help explain everything. Truth was, I was shattered. Last night, I had curled up on the floor in my room, silently listening to the footsteps outside while I carelessly wrote the note.

A hushed melody broke my reverie. It was familiar. I kept my eyes closed. It was our favourite song. I started to crack, but in a controlled manner. I then cried for the first time in my life. I still face the wind, my arms outstretched, letting the tears flow down my cheeks. I opened my eyes. The sun was already starting to set.

Then I was startled by a voice, "Beautiful isn't it?" It sounded somewhat divine. I cleared my throat, finding my voice. Am I dead? - I asked myself. "Are you here to take me home?"I asked. "No. But do you mind company?" I looked to my side. My eyes was still blurry. I saw a bright outlined of a figure. It seemed almost glowing. I rubbed my eyes on my sleeves, squinted, looked up and exchanged her smile. "Oh it's you!"

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Good story?

No comments: