Monday, July 26, 2010

like the wind...


What the pastor said the other day at church was true. Most of the things we do in life can only be pursued, but not achieved. There's a never ending desire for something we want in life, bak kata pepatah, kasi betis tapi nak paha. Something la.. my Malay is horripipible.

In other words, if our goal is to be rich; when will we ever say it's enough? Or when we are climbing the corporate ladder, when can we say, "oh... I think I have reached high enough, thank you very much. No more raise or promotions for me please. Give it to my rival." It's not very feasible. We are humans. We crave desire. We always want to outdo the other person, or rather outdo ourselves.

Mind you, this is not a bad quality. It's excellent in fact. But we have to know the limits, otherwise like what the pastor said, it's like chasing wind. I am not here to preach that I am holier than thou. I ain't perfect myself. Life's a gift. The time spent with those closest to you is the most important to you. Nothing else matters. Believe you me, nothing else is more fulfilling than spending time with your family and God Himself. Something which I haven't been doing much lately...



As I count down the days I have left in Malaysia... the days left I am at home..., yes... I am excited, but mostly I am living in denial. I am looking forward to going, but in retrospect, I am having anxieties as well. Either way, fact is.. I am going, and I am going to miss everyone, my family, my friends, my home...

People all go through the same thing, and along the way, they will undergo a journey of self-discovery. And it will all be revealed to them in daily lessons... It just doesn't involve me alone... It involves all of you as well.

As I lay in my bed, the clock ticks loudly, signaling the passing of time, in rhythmically haunting wave. It sweeps by and through me, not waiting a second for me at all. I can see... I can feel it, I can see what it does... like the wind. It registers to me what time does to us all. It leaves a mark we cannot trace back; we can't get it back. More precious than anything in this world, time should be our treasure. And I shall treasure every bit of it left with the ones I love...

It's happening... and just like time, and just like the wind... so fleeting... so brief... yet you would be able to feel it, you would be able to see what it does... It's Him, our Lord. And I thank God, I have Him in my life.

Let's share what we have left...

Pray for me...


No comments: