Saturday, April 25, 2009

'Heroes' needs a booster shot


You know what Sylar remind me of??

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


He reminds me of a bacteria!!

Why you asked??

Well... he takes people's power like how a bacteria does!! Okay... maybe not exactly like that. But this is how bacteria works. The reason why they are highly adaptable is that they are able to adsorb genetic components from the genetic pool around them in just a short period of time. For example you are a bacteria. One day you decide to fly. So you decide to take the genetic transcript from a grasshopper. Now you can fly! Then if you decided to go for a swim, you take the necessary components of a shark. Now you can swim... and terrorise people... and so much more!

This is how bacteria works. This is why most bacteria-causing diseases can evolve. That is why after awhile, antibiotics can't work against them. And people... okay... hopefully I can provide that service one day... have to come up with different drugs to combat these minute monsters. Also, when they evolve, they can somehow share their genetic components to other bacteria so as they can be immune to the antibiotics as well. I really admire their unity.

Which brings us to vaccination... I spent so many weeks reading about this for my poster presentation and report for the last semester. It was really interesting! Especially the debate on whether kids should or shouldn't be vaccinated. So each time I am asked about this topic, I can passionately speak from both sides of the debate. Anyway, the preparation went quite well I would say. My group and I even had time to joke about it.

We sang...


Immuniser, immune-immuniser,
You're a immuniser
Oh, immuniser, oh, you're a immuniser, baby
You, you, you are.
You, you, you are.
Immuniser, Immuniser, Immuniser (Immuniser)






Ahh... The things pharmacist do :p

Anyway, I am still waiting for the penultimate episode of Heroes to finish downloading. Heroes have been rather lame of late. I hope there is a good ending to Season 3.

No comments: