Saturday, March 28, 2009

I need cetrizine

I had Mee Jawa with a frap for dinner just now... I think it was not too long before I felt an itch on my left thigh. Eczema.

I am still rather clueless what causes it... or rather what causes mine. I have eaten those before at the same place and had not encounter any problems. Although, it must be said that the Mee Jawa is a bit different than how I remember it last tasted.

It has been years since I last experience this itching itchies and scratchies. I had thought that I somehow had outgrown it, or my memory cells are brilliant enough already from past battles, if that is even possible. At the beginning, I thought it was just a dirt rash as I was out for the whole day, approximately more than 15 hours. So, it did not cross my mind that there was anything I should be concern about it.

WARNING - Science Content!
....................................................................................................................................
Prawns, my allergen, my kryptonite. Too much of it and my immune system will go crazy. Firstly my bone marrow will form B cells which is activated in the presence of prawns. More and more antibodies type lgE will be secreted, which will trigger histamine (heparin etc) release from mast cells.
....................................................................................................................................................................

And so, to make it short, I now have bumpy, red, itchy spots over my body. I only hope my macrophages @ phagocytes @ pacman v2.0 are doing a good job.

Perhaps this video, besides being entertaining can share how our immune system works.



4 comments:

jy said...

I hope you have fully recovered...
Take care...

Grinch said...

Lol. No worries. One pill was all it took. AHaha

jy said...

oh... ic...
good to hear that...

Anonymous said...

eczema? u poor thing. try elomet. works wonders