Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Apollo!



Dear Mighty Helios,

Firstly, let me say that your solar steeds - Pyrios, Aeos, Aethon, and Phlegon - look as healthy... I mean as fiery as ever! And, your chariot; perfect! I know it's probably hard work keeping its shine and glitter when you have to reel the sun in everyday. How do you do it?

I wonder how you do this everyday since t=0, I mean for billions of years? What motivates you to do the same thing everyday?? Is it the cheese fondue? The pay is good? To answer our prayers? Is your son, Phaƫton, taking over the business??

Actually I was wondering if you could tone down on the shine? Many of the folks down here appreciate the warmth and all, but I think we could do with a little less of the brightness.

It's not cheap to afford a good pair of shades... sunglasses anymore these days - you know the global credit crunch and all. Which brand do you use anyway? So for the rest of us who unwittedly stare continuously at you and your work, from dawn to dusk, yeah.. we are at risk of cataracts.

It's a horrible disease. Our eye lens will be clouded and we will experience tunnel vision. Soon, it won't be as easy to appreciate your good hard work anymore. So, help us a little ok? I know it's technically our fault for destroying the ozone layer to begin with. But I know, you won' let the UV rays debilitate and compromise our sight for the other finer things in life.

Thank you, Helios!

Citizen of the Earth.


.........................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for the shades, Helios! A little big but I love it! I will wear it as often as I should ;)

2 comments:

Liz said...

You are amazing... Love your posts! =P

Grinch said...

Thanks. That is some compliment, "you're amazing". Hhaa