Saturday, August 27, 2011

ode to the manifestations of a sleepy head

The drizzly weather has begun.... again. I was awoken with a start the other day. The creaking of the staircase, and the clicking of the toilet lock, alerted my sensories. Immediate thought was somebody shouldn't be in my house. Well, anyway, soon I realised it had to be the renovation crew.

I started imagining what I could do supposed the "intruder" wasn't them. I surveyed my window. I could jump; might get an ankle (or two) sprained; but definitely would survive. Then I started thinking of home alone. The kid in the movie was really brave, and I always kinda admire the booby traps he set up. Would I be able to set those in my house?

Anyway, I could discern the "intruder" was heading downstairs. If I had to do something, going downstairs will gather lots of attention. Old houses have really old noisy stairs. I continued lying and started imagining whatever kungfu or martial art moves that I may come up with. I LOL-ed for allowing myself to imagine those.

Time to wake up...

No comments: