Thursday, December 22, 2011

the call of the bells

So Christmas is cominggg! My playlist is now looping on Christmas songs by default.. it reminds me of the caroling I went a few weeks back.. :)

But I was recently troubled. As I lie defeated from the possibilities of what life has handed me, I listen to the gentle hum of the wind. Somewhere out there, is my purpose, something that would make sense of everything. I wonder how many more anecdotes my life would accumulate. I wonder if I could ever recount them all.

If nothing should go as planned, would you be concerned? Sometimes I think I may have expected things to go as I wish a little bit too much. But I guess it's part and parcel of life, the excitement, the UNexpectedness. Perhaps we could dodge the lemons thrown at us, by just being random, take the route we decided only moments ago, avoid the adjustment bureau.

I think we are all born with desires that we seek to fulfill. When we are hungry, we buy/cook some food. When we want to relax, we seek the comfort of doing absolutely nothing with no regrets. When we want to do succeed, we work hard for it. When we want to be happy, we seek for what will, and we pursue it...

We are not BORN with desires, unless those desires exist. But what happens when we are UNBORN? What happen when we are no longer around? We desire to always be loved, have comfort, and security. Would it not satisfy our desire to know that there is life after life, and that we are meant for somewhere better? I hope when His Kingdom calls for you, your innate desire alarm bells will ring for Him..

Because we are all Children of God by default.

No comments: