Sunday, June 26, 2011

pieces

I waved my arms up, reached out towards the imaginary sky. It is always nice to have a good stretch in the morning. I looked at the clock. Fooled by the premature brightening of the sky, I checked my messages.

I smiled, but feeling inarticulate, my mind wondered off knowing ever so well that that day had to come to past. I turned my head away from the window, tucked myself back in and dozed off, telling myself, that I would wait...

*** *** *** *** ***

For all the reasons I couldn't deal with, I ensured my thoughts went to an overdrive; and like a chess player mentally calculating and studying my steps, my index finger hovered over the white bell button. I looked at the ticking clock, and then across the board. A window opportunity opens and closes all the time. We need to act at the right moment. I made my move.

Not locked out, but a strong pang lingered. I made no gambit, not expecting much. Like the King, a hollow piece more than anything else, I stood there. But a quick embrace and exchanges followed, and I was the last piece standing on the driveway...

No comments: